Maite Usoz de la Fuente is a PhD candidate at King’s College London. She received an MA in European Culture and Theory from Royal Holloway College, and a Licenciatura (equivalent to BA) in German and French at Universidad del País Vasco (Spain). Maite has previously worked as a researcher and journalist for the BBC in the UK and for Grupo Prisa in Spain. Since 2008, she has also worked as a freelance translator and editor. Her thesis undertakes a comparative analysis of Spanish magazine La Luna de Madrid (1983-1988), widely considered the key organ of expression of the 1980s Spanish urban youth movement known as la movida, with the aim of uncovering the connections between La Luna (and, more broadly, la movida) and previous avant-garde movements such as Pop Art, Situationism, surrealism and Dada. For more information on her work and interests see here.
- Thanks @KatieBrown161 for the shout-out and also your help at conference. You made a fab chair! @kingsartshums 4 years ago
- RT @KatieBrown161: My latest post for the @kingsartshums blog about the @splasmigration2013 conference: http://t.co/bjur9yb8sQ 4 years ago
- We have set some photos up too in our gallery section. See if you spot yourself! migrationconference.wordpress.com/gallery/ 4 years ago
- Podcasts for both keynotes are now up in the 'keynote' section, underneath individual bios: migrationconference.wordpress.com/about-the-keyn… 4 years ago
- @parry_sarah Sorry for random fire alarm. Would like to think people were more alert after some fresh air for your fab paper!#pdhchat 4 years ago